Thursday, March 4, 2010

Valentines Day and a February wrap-up.

Valentines Day was low key this year. It always seems like more a family holiday with the kids. Troy and I went on a date Friday night and had lots of fun. We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then saw Dear John. Britt and I had planned on getting together to make sugar cookies and homemade oreos but we had sick kids so we just swapped cookies. Sunday we had pink pancakes for breakfast and let the kids open the valentines we had gotten them. Nothing fancy. A book about love for each of them, a Valentine shirt and chocolates. The hubby got me tickets to Daughtry that I was SOOO excited for. He is a wonderful gift giver. I got him a new Saints hat. So like everyone else I am very happy to see February go. Besides the fact that March is the dreaded 30th birthday month I am happy that it's here. February was long and way too busy. We did have fun though. Some of the highlights include: A few colds and missed school days. We met my family in Salt Lake for dinner and then went to watch Maegen's hubby play in a championship football game. We finally got rid of Jensen's binky which was a piece of cake. I was expecting it to be much harder. Did our taxes and got a good return. Went tubing at Soldier's Hollow. Kenadee was a much bigger fan of it than Reese who is usually my dare devil child. No pictures because I forgot the camera. Had a Superbowl party with Troy's dad and Britt and Jer. Kenadee performed at Thanksgiving Point with the rest of Center Stage teams. Troy went on a winter scout campout. And that is about all I remember. Goodbye February.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh you are such a good mom! I love all the decorations and presents! That is what my mom used to do! I guess I better get it into gear!
Hello March...hooray!

brenda said...

What a cute mom you are, you make me look like a BIG slacker!

Sarah said...

I love your blog, it always seems like you have the most fun life :) I'm jealous you got rid of the bink. I didn't dare try it before the move, so my goal is by Bear's 2nd birthday. As always, your kids are darling-cute Valentine's outfits :) Miss ya. I need my hair done in a couple weeks and I'm not quite sure what to do!

Dani said...

Hey- I really wanted to come to your dress party. It looked like so much fun but I was on a cruise that week (yea!)
Also- I didn't know you were turning 30 this year too. My birthday is in April so I'm not far behind you!
And thanks so much for helping me through this CI journey. It's really not that bad. I appreciate everything so much more now than I used to. Every new word or phrase is precious. I remember being SO overwhelmed and nervous a year ago- then I got a call from you. It seems so small probably- but you have helped me so much!!!
I hope to see you guys soon. Is there a Speech fair this year or something? I havent heard anything yet...

Jessica Davis said...

As usual ADORABLE girls, and HANDSOME little boy. Such cute decorations :)