Tuesday we hung around the house all morning being lazy. After lunch we headed to the cheap theater in Pleasant Grove to see Rango. It was crazy busy and we ended up on the second row in the very front. I was a little worried about taking them to a movie by myself but they did pretty well. Jensen and Reese got into a little argument during the movie yelling the "my mom, no my mom," for a minute but ya know. That night Reese wanted to ride her new bike (Kenadee's old bike) without training wheels. She had a little bit of experience from last year and she didn't skip a beat. She has no fear and we have had to spend time teaching her she can get hurt if she doesn't slow down.
Wednesday we had made plans to go to my mom and dad's house with Britt and her kids, Ashley and her kids, and Maegen. Dani was working so she couldn't come. We had so much fun playing with cousins. We spent the afternoon at the park until it started to get cold. The weather turned nasty that night so I was glad we were sleeping over.
Thursday morning we headed home. We had talked about going somewhere for spring break but then we never really planned it so we decided not to go. When we got home from Brigham I changed my mind and started looking for hotels somewhere a little bit warmer. I found a hotel in Cedar so we decided that we would pick Troy up at work around four and spend the weekend exploring Zion and Bryce Canyon. We made it to Cedar City around 7:30, had dinner and went swimming at the hotel.
Friday morning we made a stop at Walmart and Subway and headed for Zion's Canyon. The kids were being rotten and fighting like crazy! I was ready to turn around and go home. When we finally got to Zion's I think we were all ready to get out of the car. We decided to do the shuttle bus tour and I am glad that we did. I think we enjoyed it much more than we would have just driving through on our own. We explored a little and did some small hikes. It was PERFECT weather. We got back in the car and drove through all the way to Bryce Canyon. It was still pretty cold there and not lots to do. We went and found a pizza place in Tropic and then hung out in our room all night.
Saturday morning we went and explored Bryce Canyon a little bit. It is so pretty there. I would love to go back when I am not preggo and the kids are bigger so we can see more of it. We didn't stay to long because we were ready to get home! The kids were much better on the drive home and it was a fun and quick get away.
I think we all had a fun spring break. It was so nice to not have to do the crazy busy morning routine and crazy busy afternoon routine. I am so ready for summer vacation.


2 comments:
Oh my goodness, what a fun spring break! I am SO with you, totally ready for summer break. Only 5 1/2 more weeks, woohoo! Oh, and I just loved looking at your pictures of beautiful Utah. It made my heart homesick. Only 2 more months and then I'm there! Woohoo again! :)
Looks like so much fun! and YAY for Kenadee, what a proud moment for her to save and buy. I love when my kids see the real value of things.
Post a Comment