I had lots of anxiety before this c-section. I was really nervous about a new hospital and a new doctor. I loved Utah Valley hospital and I loved Dr. Wolsey so I was hoping that this time I would be just as happy. Troy gave me a blessing on Sunday night and it was such a comfort. My mom and dad came down to stay late Sunday night so they could stay with the kids and bring them to the hospital. I definitely didn't sleep great that night. I was too excited to meet my baby girl. I woke up about 5:15 so I would be ready to be at the hospital at 6:30. C-section was scheduled for 8 AM. We made it to the hospital and got checked in. I absolutely LOVED my labor and delivery nurses. I was feeling good and not nervous like I thought I would be. The IV wasn't too bad and everything was going great. I have always gotten an epidural in the delivery room and then been wheeled back into the surgery. I was expecting to do the same thing until they told me that I would walk to the surgery room where they would do the spinal block and catheter. After this was done they would bring Troy in. I was SUPER nervous about this! I didn't love the fact that Troy couldn't be in there for that part. So I walked back to the room and they had me sit on the edge of the table and hunch over my belly as much as I could. I was amazed at how pain free the whole thing was. I hardly felt a thing! Before I could even lay down on the table my feet were tingly. Catheter was not bad at all this time either. Right away they out up the sheet so I couldn't see and got started. It was happening so fast that I thought Troy was going to miss it. He made it and peeked over to watch some of the action. I am amazed that he can watch it. I have to not think about what they are doing to me. It took quite a bit to get Jensen out so I was surprised when Dr. Jones said lots of pressure and not long after that Troy was saying she has hair. Then she was out and I could hear her crying. It was 8:15 when I walked into the room and she was born at 8:36. So fast! I was amazed at how good I was feeling and so excited to see her. The worst part of a c-section is not being able to see and hold your baby right away. They kept her in the surgery room to check her out and weigh her. It seemed to take forever. She was 8lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long. Finally they brought her to me and let me see her before they took her down to the nursery to be cleaned up. She was so perfect. I think that is the best moment in the whole world. Troy went down to the nursery with her where the kids were waiting to see their new baby sister. I had to be stitched back up and be in recovery for an hour before I was sent down to the mother baby floor. This was for sure my best c-section experience. I LOVE Dr. Jones. He was so great. I didn't shake uncontrollably this time and felt really good through the whole c-section. The kids came up to see me and then my mom and dad took them to breakfast so I could see the baby and feed her before they came back. Once I was on the mother baby floor they brought her right in. She ate right away without skipping a beat. She is a great eater. The kids came back and at this point I was exhausted. When I would yawn I could hardly get my eyes open again. I was feeling super nauseous too. Jensen could not wait to hold her. He got his turn first and then the girls. It was such "make your heart hurt with happiness" moment to watch them all with her. After they left I felt pretty yucky and spent the day trying to sleep and feel better. Sophie is such a good baby. I loved being in the hospital and spending time doing nothing but holding her. Every single nurse I had was so great. I loved the whole experience. My mom was awesome and stayed with my kids until Thursday. She spoiled them rotten and took such good care of them. I am so lucky to have her. I knew I didn't have to worry about them with her. My sisters all helped out tons too. Troy has been the best. He took great care of me in the hospital and took the kids a few times so my mom could hang out at the hospital with me. I was ready to come home on Thursday but a little sad too. It all goes by way too fast. I have been trying to soak up every second of it. I love having a newborn. Even the sleepless nights. I am super tired and sleep deprived but so happy. I can't get enough of her. Being home has gone surprisingly well. The first night was rough. I think I saw every hour on the clock. She was a great sleeper at the hospital but a home not so much. She sleeps all day and wants to eat all night! Every night is different and sometimes I get a good three hour stretch. Four kids is definitely crazy and I don't know how I will keep up with everything but I love it. The other three kids have been so great. I was worried about Jensen being to rough with her but he is the exact opposite. He loves to hold her and kiss her forehead. He tells me how much he loves baby Sophie . He seems huge next to her. Especially his head! Reese loves to hold her for a minute and then she is done. I think she is so happy that she is finally here. Kenadee has been awesome. She loves to hold her and has been such a good helper. I am trying to enjoy this time because I know the newness will wear off and my crazy kiddos will return:) Troy has been working half days this week and that has been a huge help. He has kept everything under control at home. I am feeling super good and not having much pain at all. Everyday is better. I can't believe she is 10 days old already! It is still undecided who she looks like. I see a little bit of Kenadee and Reese in her but she has her own look too. She is very mellow and doesn't hardly make a peep. Such a sweet baby and we are so blessed to have her.


































12 comments:
Oh my, now you made ME cry! I am so happy everything went perfectly for you. She is amazing and I am uber jealous of that "fresh from heaven" smell. I want to bury my face into Sophie's neck. She is simply precious Tara. Gorgeous baby. Congratulations, and I hope you can continue to enjoy your babymoon.
PS who looks as skinny as you right after delivery?! No one. Not fair.
PPS thanks for your sweet comment... It's nice to have someone to relate (and cry!) with :)
Congratulations! She is super cute and you look great!
I am such a bad blogger, and and even worse friend :)...congrats on you new baby. I didn't even know you were pregnant...such a dork. She is so cute, love the name you chose. You look great for just having a baby. So glad everything went well, congrats to all of you!
Tara, thank you so much for your post. It was exactly what I needed to read. I hate to even say this out loud but I have had a hard time being excited with this pregnancy(feel more overwhelmed than anything) but reading your post and seeing your pictures, I am so excited now! Thanks, and once again ALL of your kids are adorable!
Love this post!!!! Congrats again. Your family is so so beautiful!!! you really got me choked up, you are truly amazing and such a good mama. I loved her birth story, beautifully written. :)
So happy for you! I can totally understand about 4 kids being a lot to handle. I have had a hard time adjusting to having 4. But, just know, that each day gets a little easier. I'm actually doing pretty good now that we are 5 months in. :) SOphie is super cute! Great job mama!
You look AMAZING!
Congratulations Tara! You have such cute kiddos and you look great!
Oh Tara. She is absolutely perfect. You have a beautiful family. I can't wait to hold her.
Congratulations, she is so beautiful. I'm glad to hear that everything went well. You look awesome!
She is a cutie Tara. Glad everything went well and I hope you are adjusting to 4! I want to come and hold her!!!!
She is so super darling! I cant believe you have 4 now! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment