Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Little Miss Sophie at 7 months

So I am really quite horrible about blogging all of Sophie's milestones. I am going to admit that although four kids has become the norm and we have adjusted to one more kiddo, it is KICKING my butt. Could also be that the hubs is back in school and work for him is crazy busy right now, but that is life, right?

Sophie is seven months old already. Time is flying by. She is growing up so fast and I am wondering where my newborn went. She is such a mover. She wants to keep up with the rest of them. She officially started crawling the week before she turned six months. She has not stopped since. She is all over the place and the majority of my day is spent trying to keep the little stinker safe. She is pulling herself up to stand and now likes to turn around and let go just to give me a heart attack! Yesterday she crawled out of the girls room and made it up two of the stairs before I caught her. She loves to put everything in her mouth, especially if it is paper. I have pulled so many things out of her mouth. She has two moods. Either super serious with a little smirk on her face or super happy and silly.When she is serious she is really good at keeping a straight face and giving you no reaction to anything but you can see a smile under it. I think she is always plotting where she is going next and what she will do when she gets there. She would much rather chew on my phone or one of Jensen's monster trucks than any of her baby toys.
She is loving all baby foods, especially sweet potatoes and squash and her rice cereal with fruit mixed in. She is no longer good with the bottle which makes it lots of fun for the people that I leave her with. She doesn't take a binky either unless it is to chew on and play with. I haven't fought it much cause she is just so darn pleasant that I don't feel the need to stick one in her mouth. She is sleeping really well at night and for the most part doesn't make a peep. She is getting better at putting herself to sleep and is taking two, sometimes three naps a day. I still feel like we are struggling to get a good schedule. I blame myself for that because I feel like I am on the go so much with the other three that she is along for the ride no matter what it is. She is babbling quite a bit and loves to spit and blow raspberries. She is so fun and so dang cute. Most people think that she looks just like Kenadee but I see more of Jensen in her.

Her stats at her 6 month check-up:
Weight 19 lbs 2 oz (95%)
Length 26 1/2 inches (75%)
Head 42.4 cm (50%)

These pictures were taken yesterday when she had her first sucker. She loved it and I finally had to take it away from her and feed her squash instead.












1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Four kids is kicking my butt too. I guess that's how you know you're done having kids. Haha! She is a cutie, and is bigger than Vivvie in all areas except height (and she's only about two inches behind there). So darling!! And, yes, I see Jensen...and a little bit of Reese...in her