Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Reese's first day of preschool.
Last Tuesday Reese had her first day of preschool. Monday night I was pretty upset about it. This year she has school from 9:00 to 1:00. She gets picked up at 7:45 and gets home about 1:25. I love having her in school. It is good for her and it is good for me. I just hate that she is gone so long. Tuesday - Friday. I am crazy I guess for not being more excited about it but it makes me sad to have my three year old gone so much. It has been a week today and I am still struggling. She has been pretty good about waking up and getting ready. When it is time to get on the van she starts to get sad. The first day she tried to be tough but she was wiping her eyes and had tears as they drove away. Today was the worst. When I told her that Rachel was here to pick her up she told me no and didn't want to put her backpack on. I had to put her in her car seat while she was crying. It made me feel horrible. Rachel called me about fifteen minutes later to tell me that she was fine and had quit crying before they were even out of the neighborhood. She is very happy when she gets home so I do think she is liking school. I think it's just hard for her to leave in the morning. She has a new teacher this year and I am excited to work with her and learn from her.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is so cute, but I know I will be so sad when my paisley has to go to school. I can't handle Isabel being gone, but a three year old. I'm sure its rough. Who is her new teacher?
I don't blame you for being sad to have her gone - that's basically like having her in half-day Kindergarten at the age of 3! Hopefully things will get better. :)
Post a Comment