So today I was out in the backyard trying to figure out measurements for a fence. After hearing this story you will understand why I need a fence. Reese was peeking over the fence that runs across the back of our yard at the neighbors chickens. Jensen decided for the 132,000th time today that he should head for the road in the front yard. I went after him, carried him back to the house kicking and screaming, and came through the front door. I grabbed the phone book so I could sit outside and call some fence companies while the kids played. All of a sudden I hear Reese FREAKING out. I panicked thinking she had fallen off the fence into the neighbors yard. I run to their yard and jump down from the retaining wall to where I can see her. She is running as fast as she can with a chicken chasing her. She was holding her eye and had blood running down her face. Now it's my turn to start FREAKING out. I grab her before the chicken eats her and call Troy and tell him he needs to come home so I can take Reese to the hospital for stitches. While this is happening Jensen is trying to jump down in the neighbors yard so he can get attacked by the chickens! I was yelling at him, probably sounding like a crazy lady, to get in the house. I cleaned her eye up and realized it wasn't as bad as it initially looked. I asked her if she fell and she said no. She said it was the chicken. From her actions and what she was saying I am pretty sure that the chicken was pecking at her face. She is seriously lucky that it didn't get her whole eye. She has a pretty good cut on her eyelid along with bruising and swelling. It looks like it got her a little bit under her other eye and once on the neck. I called her pediatrician because I was worried about it getting infected by some gross disease that the chicken could have. They acted like she should be fine and not to worry unless it gets worse. She was traumatized and crying for a good half hour. I also have to mention that she was wearing her Halloween costume from when she was two. It is a ladybug costume so I guess it is possible that they thought she was a bug and they were trying to eat her! Seriously though she is fine now and it looks like it will be okay. Hopefully she learned her lesson and will stay away from them. I still need that fence. Now. If not I will go crazy this summer.
6 comments:
Tara, I am like dying laughing!! I love those situations when you realize everything is fine and hopefully you can laugh about it soon! And yes you probably do need a fence(if only they weren't so expensive!)
Poor Reese, someday she will laugh at this story, but I can only imagine what you were thinking at the moment. SCARY!
Oh poor girl! Can you blame the chicken though? She probably just looked cute enough to eat! ;)
That is so sad for poor Reese, and I bet it was so scary for both of you! Yes, definitely invest in a fence this summer. :)
I am trying not to laugh...poor little bug. That is crazy. Not succeeding at not laughing. But how scary! She really is so so lucky. Get a fence!! :)
Oh my gosh. How hilarious (and totally sad) is that?! I cannot believe a chicken attacked her!!! She's so funny. And then jensen trying to go over there and you chasing him. Seriously funny. I hope she isn't traumatized for life :) Okay, your Disney pictures are too too fun. I want to go SO bad now! Everyone and there dog is going there lately! jealous. BTW, SO great to see you. I love you-and my hair :)
Post a Comment