Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Saturday night we were bored so we decided to go fishing. Troy went with a friend of his while I was in St. George so he was wanting to go again. The girls loved it and Kenadee caught her first fish all by herself. She cast by herself and she was able to reel it in all by herself. Troy was so proud. She wanted to take the fish home and eat it but I made her throw it back because I felt sorry for it and didn't want to kill it. Reese was trying to fall in the river the whole time but it really was fun. My dad took us fishing all the time when we were little so it's fun to see Troy do the same with his girls. Since it is Father's Day on Sunday I thought I would list the reasons Troy is such a good dad.

1.Troy is much more patient than I am. He is the one that can handle the fits and the tantrums.

2. He is a great teacher. He spends a lot of time teaching both of them different things. I think he is the one that taught Kenadee the alphabet, her colors, her numbers. Right now I can hear him out in the family room trying to teach her how to read.

3. He loves to be goofy and funny with them.

4. He sings with them all the time. Kenadee always wants to sing with him when we are in the car and he does it for her. Even though it's usually Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer or There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly. With Reese he loves to sing her to sleep. Ever since she has had her implant and has been able to hear he has liked to take her into her room and sing to her for a little bit before he lays her down.

5. He spends lots of one on one time with them. When I work Troy is the one who watches the girls. I can always hear the fun (or trouble they are in) when I am down working in the salon. He makes dinner and plays with the girls a lot of those nights.

Happy Father's Day to my hubby. I love you and so do the girls. Thanks for being such a good daddy and the best husband I could ever ask for.



A little excited about the fish he caught. As you can see it was HUGE! Ha ha....



She gets this expression from her dad.

Kenadee catching her fish and reeling it in.

Her first fish!!!



14 comments:

Jamielyn said...

So cute! I want to take Braydon fishing. I think he would have a blast! Troy is awesome! You guys are so lucky to have such a great family!

Ash Ty & Chloee said...

What a fun day!And troy really is such a great dad

The Blackburn Family said...

Troy is an awesome dad! You really found a wonderful guy. I love that expression on Reese's face she seems to have it in a lot of pictures. My kids want to go fishing so I need to get a trp planned.

The Sumkos said...

You guys do such fun things together! And your girls trip, oh my heavens - that looked like so much fun! Your mom is so cute! Hope you are doing good.

Brittany said...

You guys are always doing something fun!!:) Troy is a great dad! Where did you go fishing at? It looked really pretty. Good Job Kennedy on catching your first fish.

Kristi said...

How fun are you guys! What a fun dad you guys have!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Great job on catching your first first Kenadee! Believe it or not, I've NEVER been fishing! I'm so deprived!!! :)

Lindsay said...

So fun! Troy is such a good dad. You are a great mom too. Looks like you had lots of fun fishing.

JaNae said...

you have such a cute family

Lish Fish said...

Ok, that is freaking awesome! I don't think I have ever been fishing ever. Insane! We are so lucky to have found good ones. He is awesome! Reese is a charmer, would love to meet her. Sigh,

Jense Family said...

Isn't so fun to go do things like that as a your own little family. Exspecially to see the kids get so excited. You and Troy are such great parents!!!

Tiesha said...

Looks like you had a blast!

Anita said...

So fun. That is so cool she caught a fish. Good times with good memories. :)

Holland said...

I can't believe your baby is almost here. Your girls are darling.