Friday, July 18, 2008

Still Pregnant

It is official. I am going to be pregnant for the rest of my life! So really only 10 days left but I am ready. I would be great with this baby coming any day now. I had an appointment on Monday and found out I am dilated to a one. So I am sure I will probably make it to my scheduled c-section. Wednesday night I went with two of my friends to get pedicures and glitter toes. After we went and had dinner at Chili's. It was lots of fun and a much needed girl's night. I have been having SOOO many contractions but nothing regular enough to send me to the hospital. Other than that we have been having a pretty boring summer. I don't think I will ever have another summer baby. It takes over everything. The basement is almost done and I no longer have a salon. It is now the girls toy room/office. Yesterday we had the opportunity to go up to Logan to check out a program at Utah State called Sound Beginnings. We have been interested for awhile so it was great to finally get up there. Their program is focused on teaching deaf kids complete verbal communication. They have a program two days a week for kids from the age of two-three. They are in a classroom setting for two hours and then they have individual therapy. At the age of three they start pre-school from 8:30-3:30 everyday. The goal is to have the kids ready to be mainstreamed into kindergarten by the age of five. We were so impressed by the staff, the teachers, the program, all of it. It really feels like that is was would be best for Reese. So it looks like we are going to be looking in to moving up to Cache Valley. This program is the only one like it in the Nation so we feel pretty lucky that it is so close. Reese is still doing awesome. She has started to say a lot more. She calls Kenadee ee ee. She understands a lot more verbal commands like let's go, give me a kiss, where's your shoes, and get in the tub. So much progress. Anyhow that is what we have been up to, a whole lot of nothing. Hopefully sooner rather than later I will have something exciting to blog about!
Getting our toes done. Yes I know my shirt is busting open....I am huge what can I say.
Kenadee still asleep at 9:50 this morning. LAZY
The new toy room being put to good use this morning while I blog!

14 comments:

Duncahoo said...

So no more hair at all??? I am super jealous. That is so great about Reece and how far she has come.

Tiesha said...

That was fun getting our toes done! That is great news about that school! I will miss you when you leave. Hey, my friend builds homes up there, if you would like their info let me know. They live in Paradise.

The Sumkos said...

Hang in there cute girl, it will be over soon. Think of it like this - at least your not waking up every few hours feeding! :) I'm so excited for you and I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT IT IS! PS, so excited about Logan. We will be lots closer and we better hang out for sure. I love Logan and I wish we could live there. Good luck and no stress, everything is going to be fine!

Jessa said...

Ahh I feel your pain, seems like I was just there! And yes, summer babies are not fun! Hang in there and good luck.

Stueller said...

You're so cute Tara :) I know 10 days feels like forever! Let me know if you end up moving up here to Logan, Chad and I might be gone by then, but I can definitely let you know where the better area's are (not that there are are really any bad places here, you're pretty safe either way) :)

BRITT said...

Please don't go into labor until my cold is gone. I don't want to get your baby sick because I wount miss it! And Please don't leave me in Utah County all alone! I really want what is best for Reese to so I will understand. It is be a great oppurtunity.

I am going to go cry in my room now.

Jamielyn said...

I had a lot of fun! We need to get out more often, but it sounds like it won't be happening as often if you move to Logan! I am so excited that there is stuff out there to help Reese though. That's all any parent can ask for! We will miss you and we will only hold a grudge for a little while! :)

Brittany said...

I've been waiting for the day when you told us all you would be moving back up north. I love that area and I'm jealous. I am so excited for Reese to get to go to that preschool. I love glitter toes. In fact me and my sister in law bought all the stuff to do our own. Hey when do they start you again? Do we have time to do something before your little one comes?

The Blackburn Family said...

You hot babe! You look great pregnant. Love your toes! I miss you and wish you would call me soon. Good Luck! I can't wait to see what this baby is. Please call me when you have it. Just like you did with the others. You still have my number right? I am glad you are deciding to make the move to Cache Valley. I think it will be awesome for Reese. I do feel bad for Britt though. Love the toy room. I love you Tara!

Lish Fish said...

I was thinking about you on the plane home yesterday..hoping you would have had that baby!! Hang in there!!

So excited for you guys and Reese! That is awesome. Keep us posted!!

The Swensons said...

I am SO excited. I want to know if it's a boy or a girl! Keep hanging in there. Before you know it, he (hey, we can hope, right?!) will be here! :)

Kristi said...

Love the toy room!! Glad to hear Reese is doing so good, Moving?! Sad, but good for you,hope it all works out!! Can't wait to hear what you had, good luck!!

Jessica Davis said...

I can't wait to find out what you are having! 7 days left! Cache Valley is great! I would love to live there. The program sounds amazing and well worth the move.

Anita said...

Cute toes. How fun was that? Only a few more days, how exciting. How sad though if you move, understandable, but still so sad.