
The past two weeks have been pretty amazing weeks with Reese's progress. I have had the opportunity to meet with her therapists and go over some of the goals we set six months ago. When we first started working with her therapists we went over different areas of development to see where she was at and where we wanted to be. She was eighteen months old at the time and obviously she was very delayed with speech and communication. So as we went over the papers and the questions again last week with her PIP therapist Amanda we were able to check off so many things. Amanda was so amazed at the progress she has made. She told me that Reese is doing better than so many of the kids she has seen with cochlear implants. Wednesday we had an IFSP meeting with Kids on the Move. This is what we found out: Her Cognitive (thinking and learning) development it at 24 months. Her Receptive Language with sign and vocal is up to 20 months. Her Expressive Language is at 16 months. Fine motor skills 24 months. Gross motor 30 months (this one I credit with trying to keep up with her sister.) Her social and emotional 24 months. Self-help 25 months. I was such a happy proud mom after they left. It has been so amazing to see her go from no hearing 6 months ago to where she is at. Today she had listening therapy and we went over some of her progress there. More good news. Reese has been hearing for six months but she has already progressed to the 10-12 months of hearing range. Everyday she is doing something new. It is such a miracle and such a blessing. She has figured out how to say all of the vowel sounds. She knows what a cow says, a monkey, an elephant. She can say meow. She LOVES to say ow when she is hurt. She can make the ba sound and the s sound. She likes to play the freeze game (Troy plays this one with her and Kenadee. When the music is playing they dance when it stops they have to freeze.) If she hears an airplane or a helicopter she know what it is. She recognizes clapping and someone knocking. Troy really should get a lot a credit for all of this. He is such an amazing dad. He is always coming up with great ways to teach her. He spends so much time trying to help her learn and somehow he always makes Kenadee feel part of it. I sure do love him. The next big challenge is going to be balancing three kids. That I am scared for.
16 comments:
You guys are amazing parents with amazing girls. Three might be a challenge, but you have proven you can get through anything, and think of all the more joy and proud moments to come. WAHOO, for Reese's progression. She is so smart and beautiful and credit should go to mommy too.
That is so great the she is doing so well. You guys are great parents. And you will be able to balance three just fine. Reese is one smart cookie.
You guys are amazing. She really has come so far I am glad I get to see it in real life it is amazing. I remeber her Priesthood blessing from Troy that said she WILL hear and now she does. Man I love her so much she is seriously so funny. I love her little pose next to Troy. I just want to drive over to your house right now and give her a hug! Love you guys.
Tara that is so awesome, I am so impressed with you and Troy!! You will have no trouble with 3!! Reese's progress is amazing that is just great!! I will call you in the next few weeks now that school is out and we will get the girls together!
Wow, that is so AMAZING!!! I'm so happy for Reese and for you guys. You guys are such awesome parents! Congratulations on the progress she has made now and for much much more in the future!!!
Yeah!! That's so exciting! Way to go Reese!
That is so amazing. What a smart little girl. It sounds like you have a great family and you will do awesome with one more.
Wow! What a miracle! I can't believe she's made that much progress that quickly! You and Troy are great parents! Kudos to BOTH of you...and Kenadee too!
Tara,
You are so very AMAZING! YOu make me cry almost every time I read your blog! What a good dad Troy is. That is so neat that he comes up with games to help her learn. He really is an AWESOME dad! That is so exciting to hear the progress! Call me sometime! I miss you!
You both are rockstars! That is so awesome! I am so excited for you all!
That is awesome Tara! Aren't you glad that you ended up doing the implant? Now Reese will have every opportunity in the world. That's all any parent wants for their child, right? You guys are great parents. You new little one will feel so loved!
Sorry I forgot to write my name. It's me Jamielyn! :)
That is amazing Tara, I am so happy for you guys. What a miracle! How are you feeling? It's getting closer, hang in there!
way to go you should be proud as parents to have her doing so good.
Tara your girls are beautiful!!
Post a Comment