Monday, May 4, 2009
Best cochlear implant story yet!
Well Reese has given me another implant story to write. This one tops them all. Troy is gone so I decided I wasn't going to cook for the girls. Kenadee wanted Zupas for dinner so that is where we were headed. While we were driving the girls wanted their windows down. I stopped at a light about a block away from the restaurant. Reese started freaking out and pointing out her window. She had her sunglasses in her had I thought maybe it had something to do with them. She starts freaking out more and I am thinking maybe it's a bug. (She freaks over bugs BIG time!) She keeps pointing out the window so I opened my door and looked out to see if she had dropped something. I can't see anything. I positioned the mirror so I could see the ground. Nothing. The light turns green so I start driving. She is pretty upset at this point. I pull into the parking lot and get her out. At that point I realize she doesn't have her implant on. I start looking all over the car and trying to remember if she had it on for sure when we left the house. I was pretty sure that she did. So I start pointing to her ear and asking her where her implant was. She points back to the road where we had just come from. Great.... So I pile the kids back in the car as fast as I can saying in my head "please bless that it hasn't been run over." I had to drive past where we had been stopped and as I drive by the spot there lies the implant. I turned around, this time praying when I got back to it the light would be red so I wouldn't make a huge scene or get ran over. The light was red so I got in the turning lane so I could jump out and get it. It is destroyed. Done. Not working. Not salvageable. Run over. A few times. The good news? It was all there so at least I can send it to them and have proof! The girl seriously is a stinker. I wanted to be so mad but honestly I am laughing about. I can't help it. I am so glad that it has a warranty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Ohhhhh, I am SO glad you have a warranty, and SO glad you found it! If you didn't, I can just imagine the sinking feeling. I hope it doesn't take too long to get it replaced! Reese reminds me so much of Daphne, that is exactly something she would do.
Thank goodness for the warranty. I'm so glad Reese could let you know where it was. That really stinks that it happened though. How long until you will get the other one? Hopefully not too long. I love hearing all of your stories. Reese cracks me up. Glad everything turned out ok.
I bet they gets tons of these type of things, what can they expect with a three year old... seriously if it was my kid it would have been destroyed within the first week. I am glad it is under warranty :)
You have no idea what my first thought was when I read your title. Ha ha ha!
That is insane! Little fart. I am glad you found it though... I am picturing you jumping out of the car...makes me giggle.
Make sure you keep that warranty up to date my dear!!
Had to add "cochlear" to the title of this blog. Don't want anyone researching implants to pull up my blog:) We do have another one so she isn't going without hearing right now.
That really stinks, so good to have the warranty still...dang, good luck with getting it fixed. Your little Reese is so cute, and its hard to believe she is already 3....I just have to tell you that you are such a good little mom, I cannot begin to imagine what you have had to go through the past couple of years, but you can still smile, and count your blessings and thats is what I love about you!! Have a Happy Mother's day!!
That is awesome that you can laugh about it! You are an awesome mom Tara & I want to be YOU when I grow up!
Ya, That would be the icing on the cake. hhaha. glad to hear you found it.
Post a Comment