Monday, November 3, 2008

Troy and Tara's Story

Yesterday Troy and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary. Troy's mom took the girls for us on Saturday and the two of us and bebe headed to Salt Lake. We had tickets to see Thriller at Kingsbury Hall but when we got there they wouldn't let us in with a baby. We didn't know we couldn't take him and they didn't care. Luckily they traded our tickets for a Christmas show next month. So we went to the Gateway and shopped and ate dinner at Tucano's. We looked for a movie but their was nothing we wanted to see. We decided to go check into our hotel and relax and enjoy the time without kids. (Jensen is an easy baby so he was along for the ride.) We stayed at the Little America Hotel and it was so nice. We got the Romance Package that included the best chocolate covered strawberries ever, a bottle of grape juice, a rose and a key that had our names and our anniversary carved on it. We stayed in the Superior Tower on the top floor. It was a really pretty room and we had so much fun watching Saturday Night Live, playing rummy, ordering room service (rocky road ice cream, chicken fingers, and two cans of coke $31.00!!!!) and catching some z's. Sunday we met Trena in Logan at baby blessing for our niece. It was a much needed quick getaway.

I don't like being cheesy but Troy is a great husband. I love being married to him. We met in November of 2000. He was going on a date with a girl that I lived by at the Branberry in Provo. We all became friends. Brittney had a huge crush on Jeremy and I liked Troy. He on the other hand didn't care for me that way. He was actually a big jerk on more than one occasion. He bought a motorcycle and I always tried to be the one that got to ride with him. I think I drove him crazy. Brittney and Jeremy started dating and I think he softened a little bit after that and realized maybe he could like me.

All of us went on a trip to Mesquite and Vegas and that is when he finally showed some interest in me. One day he showed up at the Gap where I was working and asked what time I would be off. When I was done working he was out in the parking lot on his motorcycle. He asked me out in a round about way and from that day we were together. Troy was different than any other guy I had dated. I never worried if he was going to not call or if I liked him more. He was constant and still is. That is one of the things I love most about him. He is always level headed and predictable. He is my perfect match.

Our first date was June 1, 2001. We got ice cream and went up Provo Canyon on his motorcycle. (Kenadee and Reese will never date guys with motorcycles.) He was a fast mover and kissed me on our first date. Over the fourth of July we went to Lake Powell with my family. That is were we first said "I love you" to each other. Awwww. I think by that time the marriage subject had already come up. When we got home from Lake Powell we picked out the day we wanted to be married. One funny memory that I have was at a BBQ we had at my mom and dads house with my dad's family. I had told my mom that we were planning on getting married but it was still unofficial and kind of a secret. Apparently my mom had "accidentally" told a few people. During the prayer my aunt says "Please bless Troy and Tara as they start their lives together." Holy crap! My eyes flew open and I look at Troy who is looking at me like what the heck. I started laughing and I think my dad did too. I had to go in the house because I was laughing so hard. That same night he asked my dad if he could marry me.

Troy proposed to me at the end of August. We had gone on a picnic and he popped the question. I laughed first and then said yes.

We were married on November 2, 2001 in the Salt Lake Temple. The weather that day was PERFECT. Still warm enough to enjoy being outside. I rode to the temple with my mom and dad and the closer we got the more nervous I got. When I saw Troy that morning he asked if I was okay because I looked so nervous. My favorite part of the day was sitting in the temple waiting for all of our family to arrive so we could be sealed. It was really quite and peaceful and we were able to sit and talk about starting our life together. I loved everything about the day.

Seven years later I love him more than ever. He is my best friend and the one person I never get tired of. I have learned a lot since we were first married. I still have a lot to learn.

Some of the things I have learned and love about him....

-He LOVES coke. Maybe more than me.....
-He loves ESPN.
-He has broken taste buds. (My diagnosis.)
-When we eat popcorn together he always gives me the half popped kernels because he knows how much I love them.
-He likes to push my buttons.
-He is better with kids than I am.
-He loves to learn.
-He is patient with me.
-He puts up with my girliness.
-He is such a MAN.
-He doesn't read my mind.
-He has a song for every situation. It is usually one he made up.
I love you Troy.
This was in Mesquite were we started to fall in love.

The day we decided on a wedding date.




The week before we got married we went as Homer and Marge to a Halloween party.


Engagement pictures




Wedding Day


Newlywed life



Hawaii in April of 2003





Kenadee







Reese











Jensen




7 Years





To be continued........

20 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

Tara I love your story! And no, it was not cheesy at all! Congrats on the 7 years. Oh, and I loved the Homer and Marge picture! Haha.

Maeg said...

Awwwww! I loved looking at those pictures! I love them all! You guys are such the perfect little match made in heaven!

Annie said...

You guys are so cute! I didn't know Jeremy and Brittney started dating before you and Troy.
I love all the pictures!

Sarah said...

I can't believe Troy didn't like you at first... what was he thinking?! :) That was such a cute story... it's fun to get to know you a little better! Love all the cute pics of your darling family

The Swensons said...

That was such a fun post! I love seeing those pictures from seven years ago... I can't believe it was that long ago that you guys met and got married! :)

Congrats on seven years!

BRITT said...

Awesome post. Troy is a great husband you are perfect together!

I love all the pictures.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Cute story! Happy Anniversary!!!

Kristi said...

Happy Anniversary!! I loved the love story, how sweet!!

Lindsay said...

I love all the pictures. You guys are a perfect couple. I think Troy looks good in a pink princess costume!

Lish Fish said...

I love your story!! So sweet! I love the pics. That is awesome. I love the "To Be Continued" that is perfect. Happy Anniversary!!!

Jessa said...

Happy Anniversary!

The Sumkos said...

Okay.........you are the cutest wife ever! I loved reading about your story. I remember your wedding, I helped set it up! :) What a fun way to celebrate your anniversary.

Jessica Davis said...

Congratulations! 7 years goes by fast. I loved learning more about the two of you and your journey together. Your girls looked super cute for Halloween. Jensen looked adorable as well.

Janese said...

What a sweet post! You have the cutest little family and I am so glad to hear how well Reese is doing.

The Blackburn Family said...

How cute is that! I love that you found Troy!!! He is such a blessing to you. I remember when you dressed like Homer and Marge. That is so cute! I love looking back at all those pictures. And I loved the Halloween pictures. It is so nice that you have Britt that close to do things with. I love the picture of Troy as a princess. HaHaHa

Sarah said...

Tara... I would love to do lunch! I'm so glad we get to keep in touch too, I miss seeing you every couple months :)

Lindsay and Mike said...

Hey, I nominated you on my blog!

Holland said...

tara, so cute and i can't believe it has been seven years. i remember your engagement picture because i think you started at aspen right before you got married. wow seven years has flown by. you are darling and so is your family.

Anonymous said...

Who is that sexy dude in the blue Utah 14 shirt? He just looks like a cool person. That was a good trip. Anyway tell Troy I say hello.

JR

Hollie said...

Congrats on 7 years! Wow how time goes so quickly. Your kids are adorable as usual and your little boy what a cutie and he is growing so fast!